Monday, April 21, 2008

Second Week of Round Two

Hello Everyone, 

The weekend has past and I am still trucking along.  I thought each treatment had been treating me better than the first one that made me so sick this second round, but on Sunday it hit me again.  I am still sore in my joints and achy in my muscles, but I have been able to sleep without night sweats and my skin doesn’t burn like it did last week.  Its weird, the night after I receive my treatments I get a bad headache and then I start feeling badly.  Today I still have a headache and my joints are sore, but I feel better than I did on chemo.  I had a treatment today and hopefully I will start feeling better. 

On a more positive note, despite feeling sick, my disease seems to be in good shape.  No new tumors have shown up, and the tumors that I have haven’t progressed. On Friday we are going to measure to see if any of my tumors have shrunk, so I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.  Thanks for your prayers and support; it definitely helps when I am feeling ill.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin,

Hang in there. We keep checking up on you through your Mom and now we can do it on this website. Thank you everyone for the support you have shown and are still showing for Kevin. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Kevin prayers from Illinois. We love you and you are in our prayers everyday. You are so brave to have made this decision to take these treatments. I have always told your mom that you were going to do something great. I'm proud to be your aunt I've told everyone I know about you,and how proud I am of you.Stay strong, we love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kevin,
Just wanted to say we are so proud of you too. As we've watched you fight this battle, your strength of character and positive attitude have amazed and inspired us all. We are continuing to lift you up daily in our prayers and keeping our church groups who are praying for you updated on your progress. It has been such a long, hard road for you, but we believe your battle has been won and you will soon be cancer-free. Until we hear that wonderful news from you, we will keep praying that God holds you in the palm of His hand and sustains You as He brings about your complete healing.
With love from your cousins in Texas,
Mike & Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hello from Washington. My though & prayer are with you! I have been thinking about you allot. Hang in there my cousin!! You are doing a great thing not only for your self but for every one out there! I have been talking to dad to keep up on you & your progress. With love and support from your cousin in Washington! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Holding my breath in WA for you!
let us know how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a pioneer in this treatment!! I am very excited about this new treatment!! Thanks for keeping us posted. My prayers are with you for continued improvement!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,
Just checking in to let you know your extended family in Fredericktown, Ohio, is still COVERING you in prayer! You and your family are in our thoughts daily. We are anxiously awaiting to hear the good news after your next scan!
God Bless!
Beth and family

GOD IS THE SHEPHERD WHO GUIDES, THE LORD WHO PROVIDES, AND THE VOICE WHO BRINGS PEACE IN THE STORM. (Max Lucado)