Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Round of Treatment

Hi it’s Kevin,

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate your support.  I am touched by the kind words of my friends, family, and my newfound extended family across the country.  To the people of Fredericktown, Ohio, you should be proud to be a part of such a strong community with such great people.  Thank you so much for your support.

I have begun my second round of treatments.  The treatment schedule is two rounds of treatment separated by a two-week break, and these past two weeks were my break.  I was able to work full time without being sore or exhausted for the first time in about ten months, and last week I felt better than I have for a long time.  

            Starting the second round of treatments has been tough.  The doctor said my body would react more harshly to its second exposure to the adjuvant, and he was right.  On Monday I received the first injection of my second round of treatments.  By Monday evening my entire body was aching, my joints were sore, both knees and even my shoulders hurt, it was horrible.  My skin was warm to the touch, and was extremely tender.  Yesterday I felt a little better, but was still sore and achy all over; I felt just kinda crappy really.

            Today I got my second injection and we will see how it goes.   I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Patti said...

The best is yet to come. Hang in there! Patti